We are looking for an enthusiastic multi-talented designer to join our growing team of artists. The role will cover the design spectrum, requiring a strong eye for photography, cinematography as well as more traditional graphic design/animation. Predominantly they will be involved in creating graphics and designs for high end clients such as Nike, Google and Amazon. They will additionally work closely with VFX leads and Friends Electric directors to develop a clear vision for projects in production and development. This role will require a proactive artist who is comfortable concepting, problem solving, and has a strong understanding of cinematography and graphic sensibilities. We work in a high paced industry so be ready for the quick turnaround on projects!
- Create bespoke concepts, designs and animations based on client direction and requests
- Working closely with Creative Directors to create a package of style frames to explore the creative solutions to a client brief.
- Working closely with Creative Directors and Leads to create a package of visual target frames to establish the look of assets, shots and a final picture bible
- Creating target frames for work in progress reviews of assets and shots
- Working closely with Friends Electric in the creation of concepts, tests and pitches where needed.
- Using your creativity to assist clients/directors realise their vision in commercials/pitches.
- The role may include some illustration and storyboarding.
Software currently in use is Photoshop, Illustrator, C4D, and After Effects. Experience with Maya will be viewed favourably.
Skills in traditional media (drawing, painting, photography etc) are valued highly.
If possible we would like to see the following on your reel or in your portfolio:
- Strong Artistic skills
- Visual diary/sketch books
- Examples of quick sketch material through to more finished work
- A broad range of styles
- A variety of projects
- A storyboard candidate should have an understanding of character and camera, and developing visual storytelling from the written word.
Please provide a demo reel and shot breakdown or link to a web site or blog and appropriate password if required.
2 Years of experience required.
Electric Theatre Collective is a visual effects company with a difference: we are a young collective of artists and makers with a point of view and we pride ourselves on our new ideas, creativity and above all, people.Since setting up shop in Soho in 2011, London, Electric Theatre has established itself as a leading post house. Fast Forward to 2015 and a handpicked team of talent crossed the Atlantic and landed in Los Angeles to launch our stateside venture.
From the outset, we won a reputation for quality work, innovation and visionary style. Our collective is hell-bent on kicking down the doors of traditional advertising by creating our own work and combining the cultural interest of art with the polish and accessibility of commerce.
In past year alone our work has summoned hurricanes for Jose Cuervo, had Naomi Campbell singing Wham! for H&M and got Beyonce into Formation. Our motto; believe your eyes.