Colourists, Colour Producer and Head of Colour
We are looking for an exciting Colour Assist. You will assist in the day to day runnings of the colour department for a variety of the world’s premier brands and products across a number of industry sectors. Successful candidates should command a base knowledge of the colour grading process along with a problem solving and can do attitude.
As part of this role you will be put with our DMC department first to learn our protocols and processes, the length of this is dependant on experience.
Day to day you will be expected to:
- Follow up with jobs that are penciled on the boards by requesting details of prep material and plan for the day ahead.
- Confirm all material for grade has been sent properly from offline house, depending on what is more efficient use of time, notify producer or offline house on what is missing asap. Arrange with internal producer on whether or not you wait for missing material to be resupplied.
- Once material has been supplied, Prepare incoming edit material and conform or match grade in time for session start time.
- Manage all technical requests from lead colourist throughout grade session
- Manage material that is being moved to our LA office and ensure there is communication between you and LA Colour Assist and LA DMC on status of the transfer, and that all material is successfully transferring.
- Render outputs at the end of session according to how flame artist or internal producer requires for next stage fop project.
- Maintain an organised and clean workspace by assist desk by managing drives that come in, can be stored or can be sent away.
- Answer all incoming emails to the colour assist inbox by replying with an ETA.
- Archive or delete any jobs from our servers on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all masters are on our server including jobs that were not mastered in-house by coordinating with producer.
- Good general understanding of the film post production process (Offline, Online, Color Grading).
- Great attention to detail.
- Proactive approach, takes initiative and is resourceful when facing challenges or conflicts within jobs.
- Strong time management, able to multi-task and prioritise between responsibilities from job to job.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within department and rest of the company.
- Experience or understanding of non-linear editing systems, hands on conforming from client provided EDLs and EDL management.
- Works well under pressure and be able to meet delivery deadlines, ensuring any faults are rectified as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Needs to be a problem solver, maintain positive attitude during busy and hectic schedules.
- Basic understanding of color management including LUTs, Log VS Linear, and Gamma.
Electric Theatre Collective is a visual effects company with a difference: we are a young collective of artists and makers with a point of view and we pride ourselves on our new ideas, creativity and above all, people.Since setting up shop in Soho in 2011, London, Electric Theatre has established itself as a leading post house. Fast Forward to 2015 and a handpicked team of talent crossed the Atlantic and landed in Los Angeles to launch our stateside venture.
From the outset, we won a reputation for quality work, innovation and visionary style. Our collective is hell-bent on kicking down the doors of traditional advertising by creating our own work and combining the cultural interest of art with the polish and accessibility of commerce.
In past year alone our work has summoned hurricanes for Jose Cuervo, had Naomi Campbell singing Wham! for H&M and got Beyonce into Formation. Our motto; believe your eyes.