Head of DMC
Electric Theatre Collective London are looking for a Head of DMC. You will be responsible for the DMC (Digital Media Centre) department and in charge of designing, building and maintaining all of the digital delivery infrastructure across the company.You will lead from the front with new and innovative ideas which will help to keep us at the cutting edge in all technical aspects, as well as being happy rolling up your sleeves and managing the operational demands of the business. You will be required to problem solve and apply your experience and logical processes to resolve whatever the week throws at you.
This is not an exhaustive list of requirements, but we're looking for individuals with some of the following:
- Experience in a similar role at a VFX company or similar.
- Overall responsibility for the ‘Digital Media Centres’ broadcast operations.
- Creating, implementing and managing internal work-flows.
- Developing new and maintaining existing relationships with companies/third parties vital to the facilities ability to run efficiently.
- Collaborating closely with vendors in assessing/purchasing workflow tools, presentation and delivery software and DAM solutions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving internal/external delivery issues.
- Liaising with the production team, meeting clients and discussing technical requirements.
- Recruiting and training staff. Ensuring best practices and high standards are maintained by the department.
- Experience in a technical discipline relevant to the role, e.g. Information Technology, Systems Engineering, Audio, Video or Broadcast Engineering, etc.
- Strong knowledge of technical broadcast requirements and experience in delivering files for TV and Web
- Responsible for the quality control of every file delivery made
- Writes operational guides, maintenance guides and procedures.
- Monitors and prioritises incoming work, resolving conflicting priorities and assigning work appropriately to self and colleagues.
- Ability to manage team members, including administration of shift patterns and holiday requests
- Candidates must have a visa to work in the UK
Salary is commensurate with experience.