Electric Theatre Collective are a rapidly expanding multi-award winning visual effects company with offices in London, Bristol and Los Angeles. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Systems Engineer to join our team in the London office.
The engineer will be responsible for the smooth-running of the office, and will be expected to contribute to the technical roadmap of the company, investigating new technology and methods to help ensure that Electric Theatre stay ahead of the competition.
Some of the software packages in use at Electric are Autodesk Flame, Flare and everything in between, Nuke, Maya, Houdini, Baselight, Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema 4D and more. The Systems Engineer will be expected support this software and the machines it resides on, actively looking to upgrade and improve on the current builds so that our artists have the best and most current tools available.
The suitable candidate will be calm under pressure and will be able to prioritise tasks accordingly whilst managing the expectations of colleagues and clients. Troubleshooting is a necessity in this role and the engineer should feel confident investigating issues independently and escalating to support and the Head of Engineering where appropriate.
- 4 plus years experience in a similar role in a VFX environment.
- Advanced experience working with Linux, OSX, Windows in both a desktop and server environment.
- Experience working with the aforementioned software packages although training will be given.
- A strong knowledge of networking infrastructure.
- Python and Bash scripting
- Experience working with Network Attached Storage - GPFS or similar.
- License server administration.
- Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP and NIS.
- A can-do approach to learning new skills and the desire to actively embrace new technology.
- Must be elligible to work in the UK
Salary is commensurate with experience.